SEO article writing is essential to obtaining relevant traffic. Major search engines rank websites for certain search terms according to how often a particular keyword appears on the pages of that site. To obtain a higher search engine ranking for your keywords, those keywords should appear throughout your website.
Before beginning a SEO article, however, it is important to understand keyword density. Keyword density is the number of times a word or phrase appears on a page. According to whom you ask you will receive a slightly different answer each time as to the correct keyword density that should be used when writing a SEO article. What SEO experts do agree on is that they disagree when it comes to the correct keyword density.
The best answer I have heard when it comes to keyword density within an article is that it should not be over 1% and the keyword or words should flow, naturally, within the article. If the keyword or phrase you have choosen is used so much that the article does not really sound right, or make much sense, then you have used it too much. There are many keyword density tools on the Internet which will tell you the keyword density of your article absolutely free.
Tips to help write SEO articles:
- Use the keyword or phrase in the title. Obviously you want to use the keyword or phrase you have choosen in the title. This lets readers know what the article is about and allows for use of the keyword or phrase. Try to be creative when it comes to writing titles.
- Use subheadings containing the keyword or phrase. This helps organize an article and makes it easier for the reader to understand while giving you the opportunity to use your keyword or phrase again.
- Write unique articles for each keyword or keyword phrase. Search engines love unique content. It is much easier to concentrate on one keyword or keyword phrase per article than to try and write one article using several keywords.
- Write the article as you normally would, then go back and add your keyword. This not only makes it easier to write SEO articles, it ensures that your articles are easy to read and not cluttered or stuffed with keywords.
- Read your article aloud. Reading an article aloud will help you in spotting issues, such as bad grammar.
Posting unique SEO articles on your site will help you rank higher in search engines.